Good afternoon, everyone...

As of this afternoon, Sunday, January 9, I have added an additional news
peer to Kharma's Usenet news server bringing our total complement of news
peers to three, which, given our current bandwidth, is about the maximum
we can carry. However, that bandwidth may change in the near future.

This was done subsequent to a Usenet report from last week which
demonstrated a number of troubling events:

Usenet News Report
January 6, 2005

DROPPED MSGS:  3
PEER DROPS:        2
CONNECTIONS:   1323

As you can see, the news server is busy, but occasionally messages and/or
connections were being dropped. To better insure the messages get through
to the Usenet Backbone, I have added another news peer capable of reaching
the Usenet world servers, thus increasing our reliability at putting
Liberty Northwest on the world stage.

Dave
--
Dave Laird ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Used Kharma Lot

 Fortune Random Thought For the Minute
I attribute my success to intelligence, guts, determination, honesty,
ambition, and having enough money to buy people with those qualities.