Good afternoon again Dave!

Looks like KREM 2 News's meteorologist came through with a pretty
accurate weather report again last night, although as usual on
weekends, Tom Sherry was absent.  Got another 6 inches of the stuff
and it's still coming down, even after yesterday's three-hour
operation of the snow blower.

Dave Laird wrote to everyone...

> As of this afternoon, Sunday, January 9, I have added an additional news
> peer to Kharma's Usenet news server bringing our total complement of news
> peers to three, which, given our current bandwidth, is about the maximum
> we can carry. However, that bandwidth may change in the near future.

That's good news. Nothing seems to have been migrating between news
and email on this list for days now.  Hope this works, as I was about
ready to throw in the towel with newsnetserver.com.

> This was done subsequent to a Usenet report from last week which
> demonstrated a number of troubling events:
> Usenet News Report
> January 6, 2005
> DROPPED MSGS:  3
> PEER DROPS:        2
> CONNECTIONS:   1323
> As you can see, the news server is busy, but occasionally messages and/or
> connections were being dropped. To better insure the messages get through
> to the Usenet Backbone, I have added another news peer capable of reaching
> the Usenet world servers, thus increasing our reliability at putting
> Liberty Northwest on the world stage.

Although I don't pretend to understand the technical aspect of any of
the above, here's trying this one via the news side to see if it
migrates through.

Kindest regards,
Frank

Kindest regards,