Good evening again tonight, Dave!

Well, now we have a real emergency on our hands, or so it seems,
at this moment, and I am writing from the email side since usenet
hasn't been reliable for about a week or so.  I know I've replied
to several messages from usenet, and even today I had to post
twice the same message, the second one finally went through 8
hours later!

However, as you might want to check out the current traffic, we
do have an old friend probably being faced with real life
emergency conditions as we speak, and I have to rely here on what
really works, and relegate to the background what has been a
pretty paultry 'hit or miss' publication thing.  I really don't
believe that tonight is a really great time to get into this,
since this information is pretty much dependent upon real time
updates on a situation none of us know very much about right now.

I do suspect that Ben Irvin will come back to us all, later
tonight, on some updates as they become available.

I previously wrote, however:
> > Looks like KREM 2 News's meteorologist came through with a pretty
> > accurate weather report again last night, although as usual on
> > weekends, Tom Sherry was absent.  Got another 6 inches of the stuff
> > and it's still coming down, even after yesterday's three-hour
> > operation of the snow blower.

To which, you replied:
> We'll forgive Mr. Sherry for the unebelievable glee with which he greeted
> this latest snow storm. Conditions here in Spokane are pretty much the
> status quo, at least so long as you are driving on the main thoroughfares.
> However, if you deviate onto one of the side streets, either have tire
> chains or a four wheel drive vehicle.
>
> > That's good news. Nothing seems to have been migrating between news
> > and email on this list for days now.  Hope this works, as I was about
> > ready to throw in the towel with newsnetserver.com.

Well then, your lucky, I suspect, that you don't live up here on
Ruby Ridge tonight. I spent three hours just yesterday with the
snow blower blowing out 14 inches of snow throughout 300 feet
plus of driveway, and then today had another six inches to blow
out again with more to come. I'm hoping to get out of here
sometime early tomorrow morning to take care of last minute
details that have to be attended to before the big zero degree
freeze sets in Wednesday night, also according to the same KREM
weather report just this evening.

> Oh, don't do that, Frank. There haven't been hardly *any* messages posted
> in the last four or five days.

Yea, I know. That's probably because a lot of the messages *I*
responded to on the newsnetserver.com side never migrated to the
list at all!  Which is why tonights emergency messages are going
out entirely from the list side.  I know for a fact, I've written
a lot of stuff on usenet news during the last several days, and
virtually NOTHING has migrated to the list.  The ONLY reason
today for the message I wrote earlier, is that I had to send it
out a 'second time', and somehow, it managed to make the trip.

> There were one or two, but not much else.

Nice guess, I suspect. But guess again, considering the three of
four responses I posted from news that never migrated to the
list.

> should probably cross-post something that has no involvement with
> Libertarians every few days. That will predictably bring out people
> grousing mightily, I would imagine.

I don't suppose such a thing ought to be even necessary, should
it?  If NNTP operates as advertised, then I suspect the usual
gateways particular to these transmissions ought to work in the
21st century, since they seemed to work flawlessly over a decade
ago!

For me tonight, I am tuning in right now on what is currently
taking place with an old friend in Butte, Montana.  If that
migrates to usenet, then great.  If not, then perhaps you, and
others connected to that gateway ought to ask, 'why it didn't?'.

Kindest regards,
Frank