Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 12:59:03
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Preferred version of Linux on 110?

I can't speak for the 110 'cos I'm poor and can only afford 50s...but I've
been very happy with mandrake 6.1 and 7.1 - both of which will load from a
hard disk image (provided you've done all the partitioning first). M7.2 has
been fine on the desktop but doesn't like to install with 32M of memory or
less, M8 is too fresh to be certain but it seems ok on the desktop.

I've also used the Caldera Open Linux 2.4 though not on a Lib, and that was
excellent apart from a video driver problem that was handled very well via
their email support.

Neil