Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:19:18
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Preferred version of Linux on 110?

Ed (?)

A couple (for large values of 'couple') of questions first:

(1) how big is your disk
(2) do you want to dual boot windows/linux
(3) do you have a cdrom
(4) do you want the floppy to work afterwards
(5) are you willing to risk your existing data, or will you be re-installing
windows later?
(6) where are you based - it may be simpler to meet :)

For the record, my system has 6G, 4G for windows and 2G for linux, and runs
mandrake 7.1.

I don't have a cdrom so I had to get an image onto the hard drive first, and
for that I used an adaptor and loaded my first linux from a desktop. But
I've also downloaded iso images and unpacked them direct to memory and
loaded that way...

I haven't loaded the floppy disk drive module - I believe Christian Gennerat
in France (who knows a damn sight more about linux than I ever will!) has
the procedure for that - because I don't use it more than once or twice a
year, and I can always get it from windows.

Cheers,

Neil