Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:13:18 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] 20 gig Fujitsu in an overclocked L50 and working!

>Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:08:45
>From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

>>Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 07:32:46 -0500
>>From: Jonathan Towne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Re: [LIB] 20 gig Fujitsu in an overclocked L50 and working!
>>
>this isthe part I was unsure of .. i put the black shield(?) back! .. I
>didn't like the idea of the hd shorting against the metal underneath, etc,
>not really recalling at the moment which side of the drive was oriented
>that way.

Anyway, I figured that since the black shield(!) was much less than 1mm
thick, that it wouldn't matter that much, and might even help.. (*please*
correct me

>The black shield should be there.

Well... as usual, I'm draggin' my feats, tempting fate.... and booting the
system with the squashed in HDD after a luckless day of driving around Tampa
tring to find an inexpensive crossover network cable (got to 2 stores
moments after each closed).

But this leaving sticky gook after scraping with pocket knives, and having
to gook the sheild back in place...   it's so un-Virgo (this could also
read: anal).  Isn't there a proper solvent to clean up your mess... and an
appliciable adhesive to re-affix shield and spacers in a bit more tidy
manner?

Ttam