Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 20:00:24 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] 20 gig Fujitsu in an overclocked L50 and working!

In a message dated 1/26/2002 5:14:53 PM Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> But this leaving sticky gook after scraping with pocket knives, and having
>  to gook the sheild back in place...   it's so un-Virgo (this could also
>  read: anal).  Isn't there a proper solvent to clean up your mess... and an
>  appliciable adhesive to re-affix shield and spacers in a bit more tidy
>  manner?

You might try a limonene-based product called Goo Gone (how hi-tech is that?)
 I used it to clean up some inventory sticker adhesive on my L100 and it
worked perfectly - and it leaves behind a lovely citrus scent as a bonus!
For adhesive, try any of the Goop series (Marine, Household, Plumber's,...)
in small quantities; you can get it at hardware stores.  I used this to
re-attach the mylar membrane separating the Lib's HDD from the system board
(some previous interloper had torn it free from the case.)  And obey the Goop
warnings to ventilate the work area - trichloroethylene and brain cells are
somewhat incompatible!

Lee