Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:38:44 +0000
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] "Hardware" hibernation in L110

>Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:06:52 -0400
>From: "Gennadiy Tsygan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [LIB] "Hardware" hibernation in L110
>
>Deleting cookies or temp files will not give you Blue screen. The worst
>effect of loosing cookies will be that web sites remembering you login and
>preferences will forget them until you login manually next time. I had the
>Blue screen because Windows page file was damaged by hibernation. Deleting
>cookies will not save any significant amount of space anyway.

My point is not that the cookies and temp files are required, but that
you'll get a blue screen if you destroy the files system on which they are
stored. If the FAT points to something that isn't there, it will read
garbage back to the program - if it can parse it at all, it won't be happy
with what it parses. If it can't it will probably crash - people don't seem
to test things by throwing random numbers at them anymore :) If the fat is
damaged, then it will in all likelyhood bluescreen when the file access
occurs as the pointers will be all over the place.