Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:30:39 +0700
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] "Hardware" hibernation in L110

> The critical thing being though (I suspect) that you were stomping them
> when the system was running, rather than pausing it mid-operation,
> stomping them, and completing the operation.
>
> Enquiring minds want to know...

You're dead right.

I'm not thinking there could never be a glitch - just that my hunch is it
would never be terminal, and that as it would be restricted to IE, cookies,
history, and other temporary Internet files, nothing would be lost that's of
any value to me.

I suspect that the worst that would happen would be that you'd have to shut
down IE (or it would crash) and you'd loose whatever you were looking at /
working on; and only in the event of a hardware hibernate, not a Win'2K
hibernate.

But at the end of the day, it's just a guess!

The other possibilty would be to persuade Win'2K to hibernate in the same
space as the BIOS - but that would not actually have any benefit unless your
drive was so full it couldn't otherwise have hibernated; the reserved space
would still be wasted when the system was up and running.