Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:50:35 +0700
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] "Hardware" hibernation in L110

> Though it would be nice to trash those cookies as a rule, I suspect that
> stomping on files that are in use either side of the hibernation event, no
> matter how useless they are, is probably going to cause hiccups. Might be
> a nice experiment for someone who uses IE?

Before I got my 30GB HDD, and when my 4.3GB was fit to burst, I did a lot of
Cookie/History/Temporary Internet file stomping; although it may not have
been the most scientific of appraisals, it left me with a relatively
confident hunch that they are unequivocally stompable (ie in a way that I
know page/swap files are not).

As far as I could tell, it's all stuff that IE looks for and, if it's been
zapped, recreates a default setup.