Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 07:01:29 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Confusion over W98 drivers for 100CT

From: Pres Waterman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

A note on the "Power Saver Driver for Win98" I have noticed...

It is just two simple things... a .vxd and a power save profile, which
basically tells Win98 to leave the machine in "always on" like mode... >never do anything.
So it sound like I can skip this altogether... right?

You ALSO want the hairy light bulb. That allows differing screen brightness and processor speed, as well as different suspend/hibernate for lid closing options based on battery or A/C, things that Win98's power management do not address.

These are things that took me a long time to figure out. There was one other thing I wanted to mention, but it just slipped my mind. I will write in again if it comes back.
Okay... so the hairy bulb is part of either the acessory or control drivers, probably 'control' as Lee pointed out. And one or the other are all I really need to get the hairy bulb power utility.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz- that Maytag Repairman...
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I must say...I'm quite surprised that there haven't been more unscribbles this year. Wonder if it means less people on the list, or the tag line changes are working, or a little of both. It's be interesting to see Dan's server logs.

Matt

Ready to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... with the sandman myself in a few minutes.