Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:19:53 -0400
From: Pres Waterman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Confusion over W98 drivers for 100CT

> >A note on the "Power Saver Driver for Win98" I have noticed...
> >

> >It is just two simple things... a .vxd and a power save profile, which
> >basically tells Win98 to leave the machine in "always on" like mode...
> > >never do anything.
>
> So it sound like I can skip this altogether... right?

I thought the same thing for a long time. But since it adds a system file, a
certain .vxd then I guess it should be added, it somehow interfaces the HLB
( hairy light bulb ) and the OS. Maybe nothing more than a message
cautioning  you to use the Toshiba HLB when you try to use the Win98 stuff.
I don't remember, but it certainly does complain when I use Win98 instead of
Toshiba on my Satellite Pro.

I have decided to use it and the HLB.

I will say that on my L100 it mysteriously decided to ignore the panel
closing event. Even though it says ( something like ) suspend/resume on
panel closure AND the system beeps, nothing happens. I chocked it up to the
typical M$ vaguarities.

Thanks

Pres Waterman W2PW
c/o Patchogue 112 Ford//Kia 112
Long Island Ford and Kia and Used dealer

GO BILLS!