Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:31:53 -0800 (PST)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Valvoline SynPower Penetrating Lubricant

The Valvoline stuff, even though it puts out an odor that takes forever to
dissipate, works fine in my HP m820e.  Just used the straw, dropped a few drops
over the rails, moved the heads back and forth by the gears a few times to get
total coverage, and that was it.  Working fine ever since.

--

If I didnt' have the Valvoline, I'd probably start off with the WD-40 stuff
myself, even though that would evaporate a bit quicker and maybe not provide as

Grease tends to be a bit too thick for CD-ROM use - it'll pickup dust and
eventually bind, stick, clog, jam up.  You will want a synthetic - maybe a bike
shop for some chain synth lubs if you can't find anything else.  That one in a
black bottle, what was it the use for bike chains?  That's a decent alternative
to the Valvoline as well.  Pro-synth?  Pro-lube?  Whatever, there's only one in
a black plastic squeeze bottle out there today.

--

Anyways, metal tape really doesn't do much as far as I can see.  Nothing
electrically there, maybe used only because it won't stretch or pull out of

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/