Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:29:02 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] Toshiba Laptop Selection

In a message dated 7/13/2004 9:48:52 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:31:55 EDT
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Toshiba Laptop Selection
> >
> > Fellow listers:
> >
> > I'm in the process of selecting a laptop PC for my daughter, who will head
> > off to college in August.  Being a Libretto devotee, I'd prefer to get a
> > Toshiba of some flavor, but I'm not as educated as I'd like on the older
> > models that I can afford.  I'm looking for a PII machine, in the 300-400mHz
> > range, preferably not a heavyweight but fairly light/thin, maybe a 10.4" or
> > 12" LCD.  Can anyone help me out with suitable models I should be focusing
> > on?  Thanks.
>
> Lee,
>
> From your criteria, you're probably looking at a portege. I have both the
> 7020CT and the 3480CT.

<snip>

Neil,

May I pick your brain on the 7020CT (7010 is similar I assume)?  I'm
wondering about DOS hibernation.  Are these Porteges plagued with the Libretto
hibernation issues, e.g., must I set up a blank area on the HDD for it?  If not, do
you know how it's handled?  Thanks for any info you can supply.

Lee