2012/7/3 Pete Batard <p...@akeo.ie>:
> Provided pcscd will log stderr output from libusbx, that the volume of
> USB traffic is not too prohibitive, and that you can be alerted and act
> on a crash in a matter of hours, here's what I would do:
> * using the 1.0.12 libusbx source tarball, configure libusbx with
> --enable-debug-log, then compile and install it on your system

Or run pcscd in debug mode as documented at [1].

Since libusbx is sending to stderr the "| tee log.txt" part will not
work as expected. Then use:
sudo pcscd --foreground --debug --apdu

Note: I am the author of pcsc-lite providing pcscd.

[1] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/pcsclite.html#support

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau