First of all, I’d like to thank you both very much for your fast response.

I use pcsc in a productive environment (24/7), where contactless smardcards are
used to grant access to an application. Because there are more than 25
pc-terminals involved, I’d appreciate a non disturbing and simple way to get a
tracelog. All terminals are equal regarding hardware and software.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 17:07:41 +0100
> Von: Pete Batard <p...@akeo.ie>
> For the record, libusbx 1.0.12 is the latest, and was released a few
> weeks ago.

I know and I’m sorry, but I was not able to compile it with the right path
values matching the Ubuntu directory scheme. I’ll try it again!

> Now it is possible that even 4 hours worth of debug logs may be too
> voluminous […]

The issue seems to happen totally random (regarding time of occurrence and
affected pc-terminal). Sometimes it occurs some minutes after a user logs in
with a smartcard, sometimes there are several hours between the last user
action and the crash.

> For that, you should remove the --enable-debug-log when compiling
> libusbx and then, in /etc/init.d/pcscd, set the environmental variable
> LIBUSB_DEBUG to 3 (by adding "export LIBUSB_DEBUG=3" at the top of your
> file).
> […]
> Is that a troubleshooting approach you think you can go with?

I’ll try to modify the /etc/init.d/pcscd in the first place.

> Datum: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 18:08:18 +0200
> Von: Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rouss...@gmail.com>
> What driver are your using? A (proprietary) driver from Omnikey?

Yes, it is the pc/sc-driver from Omnikey for the Omnikey 5321 CR (latest
version, 32 bit).
http://www.hidglobal.de/driverDownloads.php?techCat=19&prod_id=368

> Have you tried my CCID driver [1]? Note that you wont be able to use
> the reader contactless interface.

Yes, I tried, but I need the contactless interface.

---------
Regards

Sebastian
=========