Hello Pete,

today, I was able to redirect the libusbx debug information (log level 4)
to a file in the test environment:

'LIBUSB_DEBUG=4 /usr/sbin/pcscd --foreground --debug --apdu &>
/var/log/pcscd.log'

Setting the log level to 4 generates huge CPU load and the log file grows very
fast (200-300 Kbyte/s).
Rotating the log does not work the way it should. Although logrotate
renames the old logfile to pcscd.log.1 and creates a new one, but pcscd
keeps writing to the old file handle. The new log file remains empty.

I’m afraid I’ll not be able to introduce this extensive logging in the
productive environment. The only thing I can do is to run the command above on
the test computer and wait for the segmentation fault. But up till now it never
appeared on the test computer, which could lead to a very long waiting time…

> On 2012.07.10 12:14, Pete Batard <p...@akeo.ie> wrote:
> I still think we will need to get some debug output to be recorded one
> way or another. If pcscd only picks up the stderr output of libusbx with
> the --foreground option, this may require patching pcscd to also do the
> same when running as a daemon. Or you could patch usbi_log_v() in core.c
> to send its logging output to a file instead of stderr, and recompile
> the library.

I’ll have a look at the code.

Thanks for your help!

---------