On 2012.07.23 12:09, Peter Stuge wrote:
> That's confusing

It shouldn't be. There aren't many ways to interpret your intent behind
your "with my 8 years of experience there, not for the libusbx fork of a
few months which is ran by Pete", and they all point to trolling.

It has been explained to you multiple times how libusbx came into
existence, and how I wasn't the one who pushed for it (not even behind
the scenes, as Xiaofan and Travis will attest that I very much dropped
the ball on a previous push for a fork that I was supposed to spearhead
in mid 2011, because I remain extremely reluctant to the idea of
forking). Of course, it is convenient for your dialectic to assert that
I am the one who pushed for the fork, and that libusbx is my thing,
regardless of how many time it is highlighted to you that this view
isn't accurate.

A troll is someone who chooses to consistently ignore what is being
pointed out to him, with the intent of spreading lies or half-truths. I
think what you are doing above qualifies.

> I didn't write as verbosely as I could have, and you misunderstood.

I don't think that's the case. Elaborating, as you did, on how git keeps
things "clean", "easy" and "good" is an unwarranted opinion that brings
nothing to the equation, especially as Yves's question had already been
answered by the time you replied.

Where did the issue become trying to convince Yves that using git (or
another VCS for that matter) was better for him? We aren't going to
switch to another VCS anytime soon, so git is what everybody will have
to use. Therefore, trying to present the merits of git (or whatever VCS
we pick) adds nothing.

Regards,

/Pete