On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 8:52 PM, tk050305cnx <tk050305...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 14, 7:53 pm, TylerWeir <tyler.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > You'll have a better experience if you take the time to learn how
> > maven works.
>
> Perhaps. But, it's a bit like this:
>
> "Can I have a beer, please."
> "We don't have beer right now, but I think you would have a better
> experience with our own brand whiskey."

You know... it's more like:

"I want all of you hundreds of people who have successfully used Lift with
Maven to stop what you're doing and pay attention to me and throw out your
work and do things my way."

While we are a community that welcomes newbies and tries to work with as
many different people and with as many different styles as possible, there
are things that we've collectively learned.  We've found that Maven is
preferable for our style of development.  If you want to use Ant, there's
nothing stopping you and we'd welcome some Ant scripts for building Lift,
but we're not going to stop what we're doing and write one for you just
because you demand that we do so.  Please go back and write the Ant scripts
yourself and contribute to the community rather than being rude to us
because we don't do things the way you want.  That will demonstrate that you
are willing to contribute in rather than demand and insult when your demands
are not met.

Git some: http://github.com/dpp