Alex,

We could do something like this, but it would still need to use maven to
start the server (mvn jetty:run). Unfortunately, you'll need to have a local
maven repo, that's a) part of how maven works and b) the legal implications
of us redistributing a bunch of other peoples code to make it self contained
probably had various ramifications.

We could supply a hello world on github, but this is just what the archetype
creates for you. Perhaps this is a case of education in our community about
how maven works? If there were supporting documentation would it be so
scary? (it might help you answer mvn's questions too!)

Cheers, Tim