There have been many changes in 10 years, including a pandemic with lasting
behavioral changes and a rapidly shifting economy. 10 years ago I had no
children and now I have 3, so my priorities are very different now. I would
assume a change in circumstances in 10 years is the case for many.

The study we use as the “will of the town” was done 8 years ago with only
150 people or so participating.

I fully support what Joe said: *let’s reevaluate our needs*. Voting “no” is
not voting against a community center. It is “*let’s figure out what we
really need before spending $25M*”. The proposal as was presented at the
Select Board meeting includes things like a teaching kitchen and an
indoor/outdoor cafe. Are those things we “need”? Adding a “cap” to the
budget will not fix that if we don’t do a bottoms-up exercise of
understanding what the town needs.