Hi LT. I share Kathy Madison’s question (see her email below) about LEAP space.

I have other questions as well, and just sent these questions to CCBC via their
website’s Contact link. Meanwhile, perhaps some of you could reply to share
what you know about these issues:

1) Importantly, on LincolnTalk, several residents have mentioned that there
will be time restrictions on COA programming/use of the Community Center,
namely, during school hours (roughly 9-2:30), to reduce concerns of pedestrian
safety with increased traffic. Is that accurate?

2) Where may we see info on LEAP’s space & program requirements? I see on the
FAQs on this website that LEAP already makes use of the gym. Perhaps other
areas of the school could (or do) accommodate LEAP as well.

3) From the FAQs on this site, it appears that the school auditorium is largely
available for use by community groups, outside of school hours and major events
such as school plays and school concerts. Could CCBC obtain info on whether
certain COA programs could make use of the auditorium (including the upper
section, which would not interfere with the stage/play/music rehearsals) during
after-school hours?

4) Generally speaking, it could be helpful for this website to include more
FAQs (or possibly answers to infrequent but important questions). Much
attention has been given to the question of cost. But without knowing the hours
that this new Community Center could potentially be used, by COA and other
community groups, it’s hard to gauge whether it would be a “community” center
at all.

Best,
Sarah Liepert
Trapelo Road

On Sep 27, 2023, at 1:40 PM, Kathy Madison via Lincoln