Let me reiterate the most important part of my email- why have we not
applied for funding for the water mains if they are needed to be
immediately replaced? We are in compliance with the HCA now and qualify for
the MassWorks grant, and we will be in compliance until at least Dec 2024.

If we waited until March 2025 town meeting to vote on the HCA proposal, we
would only fail to be compliant for 3 months… and great news! The Massworks
grant deadline is in June, so those 3 months of noncompliance wouldn’t even
restrict us from applying for the Massworks grant in 2025 to cover the
pipes.

Furthermore, when you are on town boards and committees, your opinions are
influential and can carry additional implications beyond what a normal
citizen expressing their opinion would have. Especially when there is a
quorum of members of your committee listening to your opinions, as there
are on LincolnTalk. This is why I think it’s important to also include the
board(s) or committee(s) that you represent when sharing your opinions on
town matters (especially those topics that are in your committee’s purview).

Sarah Postlethwait

Lewis Street