Hi, have you tried urlEncode(RETURN) yet?

Here's an old post of mine from Jan 2001, where this came up:
[Sending an email using BudAPI (baOpenURL)]
Yes, the linefeeds can be a problem. This works fine in Outlook Express (W98),
however:

on mouseUp me
 theURL = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
 theSubj = "Mail from Director"
 LF = urlEncode(RETURN)
theMess = "Hi, this is the message!" &LF& "This is the second line." theMess = theMess &LF&LF theMess = theMess & "Here is the second paragraph." &LF
 theMess = theMess & "This is the second line of the second paragraph."
-- Here I use BuddyAPI, by the way:
 baOpenURL("mailto:"; & theURL& "?subject=" &theSubj& "&body=" &theMess,
"normal")
end

And continued:

Hi Steven, you can change the following line:
LF = urlEncode(RETURN)

to:

theOS = (the platform).char[1..3]
LF = urlEncode(RETURN, theOS)