noelle cheng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to learn to use the debugger to correct the errors in my code.
>
> This is the line which stopped the running of the program :
>
> goMulti.mSetUserOption(pIndex,pIndexValue)
>
> In the top righthand  box, the list of variables were specified:
>
> me= <offspring"filea"4 4f8f94>
> goMulti = <void>
> etc
> This was the only void variable.
>
> In the original file where the program was running properly,  the list of
> variables  were specified as follows:
>
> me= <offspring"filea"4 4f8f94>
> goMulti = <offspring"fileb"1 4f91b0>
> etc

The goMulti object has to be created, which might have happened in the
original movie and not in your movie. Or maybe you are missing the line
global goMulti  --declaring goMulti as global
in your script.

When you use a global variable, it must be declared as a global in every
script where you use it

regards, Florian