Hi,

>>What if I haven't done this?  How may I remedy my mistake?

>files are all gathered in a folder alongside the Director movie, re-open
>your Director movie and re-link the QuickTime files, and then create a new
>projector.

Thank you! Your explanation is very clear. I have managed to do it properly
and it works. I was afraid but it works the way you said it would.
I notice that  the suggestions / solutions you provide do work.

By the way, how did you know of this QT linking?

>>I used the searchPath  handler in a movie script  but  after burning the
>>cd, I had an error. The computer could not locate my .exe file. Hence the
>>cd could not autorun.
>
>I don't recommend using autorun anyway (n.b. I typed "autoruin" there
>originally in a Freudian slip of the keyboard). It causes a considerable
>amount of misery. It's not a well-designed or well-implemented addition to
>the Windows operating system and contributes to overall program and system
>instability.

And  I did not use it in the end.

Is it really autoruin?

>>Also why does this not work?
>>
>>set the searchCurrentFolder = False
>
>How do you know it is not working? I have never actually used that
>setting, by the way.

My computer hung when I used this command. Or maybe it was because I  did
not use it correctly.

>>In the following technote,
>>
>>Finding the drive letter on a windows cd-rom.
>>
>>http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/ts/documents/tn3123.html It says:
>>

>>Note: The Lingo "the searchPath" should be used in a movie which doesn't
>>itself contain linked media. This is because the searchPath must be set
>>before linking.
>
>I'm not sure if there is a question here or, if there is, what it is.

Sorry.
Actually, there is something  I do not quite understand.
'A movie  which doesn't itself contain linked media.'  does this mean no
external cast? So the 'searchPath'  inherently has limitations?

By the way, what is XML parser? What is the use of it in lingo?  It
modifies lists?

Noelle