From: "Howdy-Tzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 2:51 PM
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> ActiveX & Shockwave

On Friday, September 6, 2002, at 01:10 PM, Charlie Fiskeaux II wrote:

> Is it possible to use ActiveX to play Windows Media in a shockwave
> movie?

Good question! Try a test file and see. :)

> Is there anyway to play Windows Media in shockwave (or a projector,
> for that
> matter) on a Mac?

AFAIK no, though QT6 might be able to handle it -- look at
apple.com/quicktime and see if they mention it there.

Why use WinMedia anyway when there are at least two much better and
more widely used formats available? (Three, if you include Real.)

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting
        Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide
                    Published by Osborne/McGraw-Hill
        http://shop.osborne.com/cgi-bin/osborne/0072195622.html

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is
for learning and helping with programming Lingo.  Thanks!]