On Friday, September 6, 2002, at 02:12 PM, Charlie Fiskeaux II wrote:

> My client is stuck on Windows Media (or MPEGs) because he doesn't want
> his
> primarily PC-based audience to have to install QT.

Then go MPEG. QT will play it fine on Mac, and might play it OK on Win,
but you still have twice as much platform as you'll have with WMP.

> (In my opinion, Real is at the bottom of the totem pole as far as being
> better and more widely used.  They should just go away.)

I agree, but it is a common platform and Director can play it natively
on both OSen. That puts it ahead of either MPEG or QT. And actually the
more recently-made Real files aren't anywhere near as bad as they used
to be.

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting
        Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide
                    Published by Osborne/McGraw-Hill
        http://shop.osborne.com/cgi-bin/osborne/0072195622.html