They used to require anyone who wanted to distribute QT with their
multimedia product to download, sign, and mail them a licence agreement.
  I can't find it now.  I think they've stopped using that ridiculous
piece of paperwork.  Only Microsoft has tried to steal code from QT.
The rest of us just use it as it was intended.  License agreements are
an invention of lawyers so they can feel valued, not for rational people
who actually do things for a living.

As Jay Leno often says, "Of course, I'm way out of line here." ...I
could even be wrong about the license thing (and lawyers in general).

Ron Woodland