Hey Evan,

I have to say that I've been kind of lucky in my freelance career as a developer. I've
never had to market myself tons I manage to hook up with agencies and get a
regular flow of work from them. So I don't do any selling of "the product" to the
ultimate client, that is done through the agency I'm working with (these are usually
small shops of 5 - 10 people) And basically they sell it as an end product not a
"director" app or a "flash" app. The ultimate client usually justs asks for some kind
of tool, training, kiosk whatever the agency I work with gives me the specs on
there machines and says what can you put together for us that will work and at a
reasonable cost under a tight timeline (I work fastest and best in director so that is
usually my solution... and it does everything they need)

The only project recently where I had to "argue" for Director over Flash was a
"multimedia" newsletter that was to be sent out as an e-mail attachment to the
sales force. And basically it was a no brainer because the sales force did not
have the flash MX player on their machines. They did have shockwave 8 and QT 5
and since the newsletter had 2 minutes of video and had to come in under 1.2 mb
when zipped a shocked projector built in director was able to meet all the criteria
where FMX did not. I built it handed it over to their IT dept to test for
compatibility
and that was it.

Not sure if that offers any insight or its just babble on my end :-)

Rob