11/08/2003 9:16:50 AM, Tab Julius <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I agree, it's clear the market is dramatically reduced.  Just curious,
>compared to a couple of years ago, where do people think it is?  30% of
>what it was?  10%?  60%?  Where do you think it will be in two years?
>
>Specifically the Director/Lingo market.  It's clear the Flash market is
>much stronger.

It's funny but my contracts seem to have gone opposite the market. For the 3
years prior to this one I was doing mostly net work... a bunch of e-
commerce/product configurators with a tool called intershop and coldfusion and
html stuff. A few cds and a bit of flash work thrown in here and there. The owner of
the shop got nervous with the downturn in the market and changed directions (let's
do banner ads instead, his primary company was an ad agency and he never
really understood what we were doing) Anyway I've done nothing but director work
this year. A big sales kiosk/ sales closing application and a bunch of cd and
DVD-Roms. Currently the DVD-Rom market seems to be hot as far as learning
tools for sales rep who are on the road all the time. Most of the IT departments I've
worked with don't have their reps on the latest and greatest tech, they prefer a
conservative tried and true approach so Flash MX is useless to me as far as
internet stuff. That and for most of these reps there is no guarentee they'll get
more than 56 k dial-up connnection while on the road and since most of the
training tools have a lot of video CD/DVD-ROM is the answer (and flash can't
handle the amount of video so that and other reasons leave me with Director). I
think I can rely on that market for the next couple years, I'll see... I may have to
do
more flash work again then but for now I'm extremely happy to be back in the
director world!!

Rob