One thing to cover for though when using variables set throught mouseDown &
mouseUp is the user releasing the mouse outside of the sprite. This will not
be detected unless you specify it in an On MouseUpOutside handler.

Incidentally, following this thread, I built my first custom scroller and
I'm wondering how to slow down the scroll speed. I have it set to
ScrollByLine using +/- 1, but using the variable/ prepareframe method
(which, I agree, is the best) it scrolls like a mad thing. I set it to 0.5
and saw no difference, 0.25 and nothing happened. Since I've not used this
before I wondered if anyone out there had dealt with this in some way.

Leon McComish
Web Developer
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Get the best free games on the web at