OK, the xtraNet was (of course) working all along. I just messed up
some stuff, for example that a global varable's name needs to be
presented as a string - not as a variable, and that the 'url' asked
for is the path AND the filename to ftp a file to. I for some reason
thought that the xtra would append my filename to a *path* that I
provided.

How could it take one day's work to figure this out? - I don't know...

regards
-Andreas