From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Steven Sacks
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 9:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: <lingo-l> Controlling Flash Buttons?

Be careful when using getURL("lingo:...") or getURL("event:...")
because of the memory leak problems.  Director will crash after
a little while if Flash sends those enough times (and they don't
have to be frequent).  The number of times varies.  I had it
crash after 7 times and I had it crash after 74 times.  You will
get a general protection fault error in the FlashAssetXtra.

Dunno if they fixed it in 8.5, but the leak is in 8.

-Steven