>Did you use .static ? The book claims it will help a great deal. I
>haven't messed with it yet. Won't for the prototype. Keep their
>expectations down. Surpass their expectations later.

Static does help, but I can't use it for my current project. The original
designers wove the Flash and Director code so tightly together, it won't
work with the standard optimizations. There are a lot of callbacks from
Flash sprites, and they have to play in lockstep, and can't be DTS. Heck, I
can't even do an updateStage without setting up a potential DPE crash.

Some day, I'll go back and try it with the other project that has the 44
sprites. It would be interesting to see if it sped it up enough.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson