Kerry Thompson wrote:

> > <Steve's helpful hints about flash buttons deleted>

>... However, I'd like to add a word of caution.
>
> Don't go overboard with your Flash assets. ... At one point I decided to try
> Flash for the other 44 sprites, to smooth out the on-the-fly resizing.
>
> Big mistake. My frame rate went from about 30 fps to about 4 fps. Mind you,
> the Flash sprites were single-frame static Flash movies. Direct to stage,
> idleHandlerPeriod = 0, 4 fps (the motion was being driven by a timeout
> object, not the frame rate).

Did you use .static ? The book claims it will help a great deal. I
haven't messed with it yet. Won't for the prototype. Keep their
expectations down. Surpass their expectations later.

--
Carl West    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
617.262.8830 x246

"Depend upon it, there comes a time when, for every addition of
knowledge, you forget something that you knew before. It is of the
highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out
the useful ones."
              -Sherlock Holmes in 'A Study in Scarlet'