I have another Idea for you.

First off, Director is probably as unfriendly collaborative environment as
it gets. I used to work in teams, where only 1 member of the team had rights
to touch the shared casts, which won't work if you want everyone to be able
to fully participate.

The real option, which I've had to make use of once (I had my doubts, but it
worked brilliantly) in a rush project (although I admit that it is
demanding) is to work in shifts.
Shift 1 : 800-1700
Shift 2 : 1600 - 0100
Shift 3 : 0000 - 0900
The overlapping time was used for briefing the next shift on what had to be
done. We changed Shifts every week, so that none would get his daily cycle
too effed-up.

In the end it fell apart and all three of us were there 24h/d, but at that
time 2 guys were testing, and one was debugging...

As I said, It don't work in all situations and with all kinds of people, but
you can always consider it. Naturally modifying this model for 2 shifts is
quite possible...

Pekka