I'm also a graphic designer and during my last year at college I went to
England (I'm from belgium) to study director for about three months. And now
I'm a full programmer in director (and graphic design). So you see to learn
lingo is not that hard. It's even a very easy language to learn however
there are always things to program in lingo that are hard.
I experienced that the best way to learn lingo is to develop a little game
like packman or tetris. Try that and you will see that when your game has
finished your a whole lot furhter.

Good luck with it.

By the way to the swedish people. Any tips of companies who wants lingo
programmers?

Tom