Hi --> Um ... under a pile of books on my desk lies my copy of _Design
Patterns_. (The book tends to migrate in the stack from the top of the stack
to the bottom, depending on what state of program development I am engaged
in)

_Design Patterns, Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software_
Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, John Vlissides.
Addison-Wesley, 1995
ISBN 0-201-63361-2

Also of note, Bruce Eckle has a rough draft of a book called _Thinking in
Patterns with Java_ which is freely downloadable at
http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIPatterns/

The Bruce Eckel book is a rough draft, and I think that it does not quite
have the generality of the GoF's _Design Patterns_. On the other hand it is
proving useful towards my understanding of how to implement patterns in
Java.

Again, I should state that the OOP patterns that we use in Lingo are quite
different from the those that Java, C++, SmallTalk programmers use. After
all, we have these pre-existing structures we can use, like the Score, Cast,
ActorList, Sprite Behaviors. In fact, it has been a while since I have done
any serious Lingo programming. I am looking forward to using what I have
learned about Java in my Lingo programming.

Michael Nardell