> >This is nothing really new.  Sharing a VM system with early releases of
> >MVS was unpleasant.
>
>   I hear that it's no problem with the two in different LPARs, and that
> running MVS as a guest under VM works well with a surprisingly small
> performance hit (in the 2-3% ballpark.)
> --
> --henry schaffer

In the times when "Sharing a VM system with early releases of MVS was
unpleasant," IBM hadn't invented LPARs and I think Gene had just released (or
was about to release) the S/470s.

MVS+VM, I was told, made the 168 comparable in performance to a 135.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
        be right!