My notes say that I had to issue  "vmfsetup zvm cp" before I ran the
VMADMCTL command.

Be aware that there are a LOT of limitations to SAF and if you are
planning to eventually migrate to a native z/VM environment you will need
a second z/VM running somewhere else to learn on as you won't be able to
do it with SAF installed.

I have been using SAF for nearly 3 months and am so fed up with its
limitations that I'm turning it off very soon - just as soon as I feel I
have a handle on how to define z/VM Linux guests using native tools.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you have other questions about SAF.

Lionel B. Dyck, Systems Software Lead
Kaiser Permanente Information Technology
25 N. Via Monte Ave
Walnut Creek, Ca 94598

Phone:   (925) 926-5332 (tie line 8/473-5332)
E-Mail:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sametime: (use Lotus Notes address)
AIM:        lbdyck

Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 05/13/2002 02:03:17
PM:

> Hello,
>
> I've just installed zVM V4R2 using the "Express Installation Method".  I
> would like to use the "System Administration Facility" (SAF) to manage
Linux