On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 09:41, Daniel Jarboe wrote:
> the real issue was the
> effort that went into applying any updates and keeping the rpm database
> current on each guest.  Stability was no problem.

I haven't found a better way to do this than a sacrificial clone of the
pre-service basevol attached r/w to each guest before you apply the
per-disk service.  After you've done that, reIPL the guest with the
shared (updated) r/o disk, and reimage the sacrificial disk with the
pre-service state, and move on to the next guest.

Is there a better way?

Adam