From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Rich Smrcina
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:12
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] Fishin' for information

You name it, it's probably running on Linux for zSeries.  Databases, Web
Serving, Web applications and infrastructure support are the biggies.

The challenge over the past 5 1/2 years has been performance and getting
systems admins and management to understand that this is a shared
environment and that it has unique tuning requirements that at first
blush sound counter-intuitive.

Brad Brewer wrote:
> All,
>
> I was wondering what type of applications are companies using zLinux
for,
> because I have seen a lot of Oracle questions, but are there other
> applications using zLinux?
>
> Also, has the implementation of zLinux been a pretty successful one?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Brad Brewer
> Humana Inc.
> Technical Services
> System Software
> (502)580-3086

to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you
receive this material/information in error, please contact the sender
and delete or destroy the material/information.

> send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390
or visit

Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
Main: (262)392-2026
Cell: (414)491-6001
Ans Service:  (360)715-2467
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2006 - Chattanooga, TN - April 7-11, 2006