How about ssh?

James Melin wrote:
We have been playing with stonebranch universal command to do some nifty ISPF
interface stuff and batch to Linux stuff, but going into prod with this
setup is making management have a cat. $5200 per Linux IMAGE on z/OS and 3600
per Linux image on Intel. We'd never be using it that much.

What is has allowed us to do is easily run a Linux script from the step of a
batch job on z/OS on a targeted Linux system.

This has allowed us to make a WebSphere component shutdown/startup/status  ISPF
dialogue, as well as be able to keep the scripts we wish to run in a
RACF secured dataset on z/OS disk so that the scripts do not live on the
z/Series Linux guests at all, merely run there and then end.

The good folken at Sine Nomine did an nje/rje thing, but I'm not sure if that
fits the bill or not.

What I'm looking for is some way to drive events on Linux from within ISPF or
z/OS batch processes to replicate what I have now without 65,000 in
license charges.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

-J

Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
Main: (262)392-2026
Cell: (414)491-6001
Ans Service:  (360)715-2467
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2006 - Chattanooga, TN - April 7-11, 2006