I tried to make that work once upon a long time ago. If I recall correctly at
the time there was some kludge random number bolt on thing that had to
be used and was of questionable stability? Has it matured? That's one thign I
have long wanted IBM to include in os/390 and then z/OS as part of the
'environment'.

I sense I would lose the ability to run the scripts from a RACF secured PDS in
that environment and have to keep copies on all linux systems for which
that script would be run.

I presume the SSH offering is much more mature now than it was 5 years ago?

             "Post, Mark K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             Sent by: Linux on 390 Port
             <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU

                                                                   cc
             01/09/2006 01:08 PM

                                                              Subject
                                                                     Re:
Seeking a recommendation on an ISPF and/or batch to Linux interface
                            Please respond to
               Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

If you have the no-cost SSH add-on for z/OS installed, I don't see why
that couldn't be used to run scripts on your Linux systems from a dialog
or a batch job step.