Shouldn't you just be able to create a guest LAN/vswitch  that uses a
hipersocket device group on VM as the interface and then present that to each
linux guest as device 9200 or somesuch? That way all the traffic on the
hipersocket is handled by VM, and all the linux guests can talk on that setup,
and also get to z/OS through the z/VM real hipersocket?

             David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             Sent by: Linux on 390 Port
             <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU

                                                                   cc
             04/11/2006 09:18 PM

                                                              Subject
                                                                     Re: Linux
as a hipersocket router...
                            Please respond to
               Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

> And from the router I can ping both z/OS and the Linux guest, so the
> basic connection and routing seems to be there...
> And following the instructions in the device drivers manual and in a
> SHARE pitch, I turned on IP forwarding.

That should be sufficient. If you enable IP forwarding, you should be able to
ping through the router guest. What does the output of 'netstat -r' look
like on the router guest and the endpoint guest? What does the z/OS routing
table look like? You need routes both for the forward path and the path
back to your location.

You may need a route pointing to the 11.129 subnet via the Linux router on the
z/OS system side if the Linux router is not the default route for that
z/OS guest. If it's trying to go out and around, there may be something else
horking your path.