On 5/9/07, David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Re: AFS   In fairly recent measurements I found that part of AFS
> misbehaves in that it 'polls' with 500 ms period.

Do you happen to know what version of AFS you tested? Current releases
(1.4.x and 1.5.x) no longer use rx event polling (the last version that
used that methodology AFAIK was one of the 1.2 branches) in favor of
wakeup-driven events via the kernel event mechanism.

Whatever Sir Neale was running: openafs-1.4.4-1.2 from what I can see.
(but this is not as bad as a Java thread I found doing 20 ms timer ticks)

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc