> > Do you happen to know what version of AFS you tested? Current
releases
> > (1.4.x and 1.5.x) no longer use rx event polling (the last version
that
> > used that methodology AFAIK was one of the 1.2 branches) in favor of
> > wakeup-driven events via the kernel event mechanism.
>
> Whatever Sir Neale was running: openafs-1.4.4-1.2 from what I can see.
> (but this is not as bad as a Java thread I found doing 20 ms timer
ticks)

Thanks. I'll look into what's going on there; 1.4.4 shouldn't be
enabling that code any longer with only a very few exceptions. Were
there any connectivity problems that you know about? The only reference
I can find to the rx_event stuff is in some of the read-only shadow
code.

20 ms? Ugh.

-- db