> X and a graphical desktop?  Should we be encouraging this?
Installing them and running them are two different things. It's sometimes
nice to have one installed so it can be started only when a graphical
environment is necessary.  But you do bring up a good point.

> can't you make partition1 dasda1 /boot and partition2 dasda2 the PV
> for LVM?
I could not figure how to do that with the SLES installer. It seems once
you use a volume for a conventional file system, it precludes the
remainder of the volume from being used for LVM, and vice versa.

"Mike MacIsaac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   (845) 433-7061