Mark Post wrote:

For all you folks out there that keep wanting to put / in an LV, all I can say is
"masochists."  I keep /boot in the root file system, and break out everything
else.

Mark,
I have always agreed with your point of view, but even I am considering
using "/" in an LV to be able to use LVM2 snapshots.
Of course if SLES had UnionFS or AUFS, that would work well enough for
most files, but LVM2 snapshots are very nice ;-)
(What I am looking for is the ability to fall back to a point in time
for one or more files or a complete filesystem, without involving
complicated & time-consuming backup/restore of tons of data.)

mark